Thursday, October 18, 2018

'My media consumption'

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read?
Im not sure of the name of the newspaper
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why?
The middle because they always have some interesting stories
  • What sections do you never read, and why?
I never read the end because I feel as if thatch based more to elderly people.
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why?
I read murder stories of mystery because they're the most interesting to me
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read?
No, I read the newspaper when i go to the barbers
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others?
No I don't really read any newspapers online to be honest.

Magazines

  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why
I recently purchased a mens health magazine because i have recently gotten into health and gym
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?
I read the sections that are aimed at ayounger audience because they will help me in everyday life.

Television

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television?
I use to watch a lot of TV however I dont really watch TV that much any more because of apps such as netflix and amazon prime.
  • What times of day do you usually watch television?
Usually around 10 or 11 because this is when the movies start to play
  • What programmes do you like best and why?
I enjoy watching movies on TV because they always have a large variety that i get to pick from
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch?
I usually watch TV with my brothers as we share similar interests in TV shows and movies.
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop or tablet?)
I use my laptop to watch live events such as boxing and football so basically only sports.

Radio

  • Do you listen to the radio?
Sometimes but hardly
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why?
BBC because they speak about london
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio?
2 hours a week
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio?
Night
  • Where do you listen to the radio?
BBC 1EXTRA
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio?
I usually eat while listening to the radio
  • Does anyone else in your house listen to the radio? If so, when do they listen?
My dad listens to the radio at night when he gets back from work

Cinema

  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month?
I havent been too the cinema in the last month
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through Netflix, Amazon Prime, satellite/cable film channels (free or otherwise) or streaming?
I have seen movies such as Step brothers, Get hard, Daddy's Home
  • Who else watched the films with you?
No one, the films i watch on netflix i watch alone
  • Who decided what films to watch?
I watch them myself my reading about them and seeing ratings
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.?
To watch movies i only really use my laptop and my TV

Online

  • How often do you access the internet?
I access the internet almost 10 hours a day
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work?
I access the internet at home and at school
  • What are the main sites that you access?
Usually Media Macguffin for school work and the school website 
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment?
Usually so that i can make sure that my homework is done and to see if i have received any emails regarding homework.
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet?
I browse youtube every now and then just to see if there is anything worth watching on there.
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet?
I mainly use my phone and my laptop to browse the internet.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular?
The social networks that i usually use are Instagram, Facebook, Snap chat and Whats-app

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume?
By reading more magazines and reading more news
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media?
I will use my laptop and phone a lot less and focus more on my real life 
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously.
Gq magazines. BBC news , Mens health 

No comments:

Post a Comment